“Is our workplace supporting the way people work now?”
“Our workspace is out of date!”
“How much space should we project for our next lease?”
“We’re out of space for our growing headcount.”
“We have a corporate mandate to reduce operations costs.”
The need for new workplace strategies grows as workforce change accelerates.
Support space planning decisions with utilization data that shows “how many doing what.”
Making utilization data actionable
“Work styles” analysis starts with knowing statistically and specifically where employees get work done: at their desk, in meetings, or somewhere else.
Understanding (and showing) employee mobility offers opportunity for alternative workplace strategies.
In this analysis, “Anchors” are at their desk most of the time. Roamers are away from their desks more than 50% of the day. Mobile workers come in 2-3 days/week. Remote workers are in one day or less per week.
Slide through utilization by hour-of-day on a heat map
An introduction to gathering, managing, and instant reporting on observation data.
Data visualizations and route maps for FacilityQuest time utilization studies
Time Utilization Data presented in Tableau
Scope your Project!
Use this worksheet to evaluate the requirements and options for running time utilization studies. This checklist assumes the use of ActivityAnalysis device apps and the FacilityQuest Web-based admin services. If you choose to send us your answers, we will e-mail you an estimate of costs associated with each requirement.
Studies that use observers to gather data are the gold standard for analyzing space utilization. It’s not rocket science, and we’ll help you manage it.
Quickly set up surveys online. Record primary/secondary activities, equipment in use, and number of participants. “With FacilityQuest, I can get commitment on a project today and start taking data next week.”
Manage observers efficiently. Remote survey administration, mobile device apps, and cloud data storage create efficiencies. More locations can be observed more reliably per hour and per observer.
- On-site survey teams use hand-held devices with routes, observation stops, and easy data options for each observation point.
- Observers capture occupancy counts, primary activity, equipment in use, and optionally even sound and images.
- Survey data automatically uploads, or gets stored locally when network access is unreliable.
Manage the uncertainties. Don’t rely on Wi-Fi network at the survey site. Your data is saved locally until it can be securely uploaded.
- No need to touch the customer’s network
- No need for data plans on devices
- A survey administrator remotely monitors data collection in real time, to pre-empt inconsistencies or errors
Collect data consistently. Using FacilityQuest ensures standardized data collection over time and across multiple locations.
- View real-time data as it is uploaded from any location worldwide
- Monitor surveyor progress and stats from a desktop or mobile device
- Check for inconsistencies and make adjustments as needed while the survey is still being conducted
Take advantage of standard time utilization intelligence! Use the Instant Analysis reports as a first step towards your own custom analysis, and confidently compare consistent data across studies and over time.
- Import and compare datasets such as badge data to gather additional insights
- Three dimensional data analysis allow you to query your research from every view point.
- Modify and save any of the standard reports, or do your own custom analysis with our query tools. Download a case study on observation data analytics
FacilityQuest makes it easy to gain insights from your data, and then to quickly share your findings. Here are some of your many options:
- Run one of more than 40 “instant” built-in reports at any time, even before the study finishes
- Present your findings in a web “slide show” to anyone anywhere with a web link
- Export data subsets based on data views
- Export a full dataset to XLSX (spreadsheet) format for any additional analysis
- Connect easily to Tableau (see a quick Tableau how-to movie)
- Combine survey data with building data from other sources, such as badge data